My honest GoodnessMe Box review. It’s the food subscription box that keeps on giving each month for a healthy mind healthy body. With an assortment of healthy boxed snacks, here's why you should consider trying it out.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website
I recently received my first ever gluten free subscription box.
And, boy am I excited about this.
The thought of receiving a box of goodies every month is tantalising.
Who wouldn’t want to receive healthy boxed snacks! Right?
A Quick Synopsis
GoodnessMe is a monthly Australian subscription box of goodies covering either healthy consumables or beauty products with the sole focus of wellness.
Each box normally contains differing products, so you’re always receiving something new.
In this review, I will be taking you through three months worth of self care subscription boxes.
How it works, the costs associated, what inside 3 x boxes, pros, cons and a conclusion.
By the end of the review you’ll, be able to decide for yourself, whether a subscription* is worth it.
BTW - If you're into reviews and interested in cleansing - check out my detailed Medical Medium Advanced 369 Cleanse review. Complete with why I chose to do a cleanse, the benefits & recommendations.
How it works
- From the GoodnessMe website* select whether you’d like a health or beauty box. Health = consumables (you can opt from a couple of diet options) - gluten free subscription box or vegan subscription box. Or beauty = Beauty products
- Select your subscription duration (12 months, 6 months or 3 months)
- Payments are made up front per your nominated subscription duration
- Start receiving your monthly box of healthy (sent at the start of each month)
All costs stated within are AUD.
Considering the product values, the costs involved with a GoodnessMe subscription are quite good;
- 12 month subscription - $300 per annum
- 6 month subscription - $150 per six months
- 3 month subscription - $75 per three months
This is my very first gluten free subscription box* ever and I like the weight on it. It’s a heavy box, which usually denotes there must be something substantial inside.
Each box is bright and cheery with a new theme per month.
There are always nine items which are comprised of full and sample sizes.
In case you wanted to grab any of the products separately, there is The GoodnessMe Shop* which stocks 1000's of wholefood products.
The shop holds nutritionist-approved wholefood products which you may not be able to find in your local supermarket.
Box 1 (Festive Box) - December
- Lock DIY Gingerbread Man Mix (RRP $10.99/120g) 1 x 120g pouch received ($10.99)
- Ceres Organics Chickpea Crisps Organic Himalayan Salt - (RRP $3.50/100g) 1 x 100g bag received ($3.50)
- Munchme Skinny dipped Chocolate Almonds Raspberry Dusted (RRP $5.50/80g) 1 x 80g bag received ($5.50)
- Hart & Soul (RRP $3.80/150g) 1 x 150g received ($3.80)
- Edenvale Sparkling Cuvee (RRP $4.00/200ml) 1 x 200ml received ($4.00)
- Remedy Drinks Wild Berry Kombucha (RRP $4.50/330ml) 1 x 330ml received ($4.50)
- Pana Organics Orange Chocolates (RRP $2.50/15g) 1 x 15g sample received ($2.50)
- Kez’s Kitchen All Natural Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Bar (RRP $3.00/45g) 1 x 45g bar received ($3.00)
- Table of Plenty Dark Chocolate Coconut Rice Thins (RRP $1.95/30g) 1 x 30g sample received ($1.95)
Total box RRP value $39.74
Box 2 (Self Care Subscription Box) - January
- Nutrafruit Queen Farnet Australian Plum Nectar (RRP$5.00/250ml) 1 x 250ml bottle received ($5.00)
- QI Tea Organic Green Tea Detox (RRP $5.00/40g) 1 x full box of 25 tea bags received ($5.00)
- Casalare Spirals Macaroni Twist or Penne (RRP $4.00/250g) 1 x 100g sample received ($1.60)
- PBFIT Peanut Butter Powder (RRP $34.95/425g) 1 x 24g sample received ($1.97)
- Liquefy SUP Shot Wee Madame (RRP $24.99/400ml) 8 x 50ml box received ($24.99)
- Rochway Probiotic Powder (RRP $22.95/90g) 1 x 90g bottle received ($22.95)
- Carmens Cripsy Deluxe Cinnamon Muesli (RRP $6.90/400g) 1 x 35g sample received (0.60c)
- Tasti Products Made Simple Lamington (RRP $5.50/150g) 1 x 150g bar received ($5.50)- Labelling reads “May contain Gluten)
- Affirmations Publishing Fresh Range Cards (RRP $5.95) 1 x card received ($5.95)
- Bonus Product - Super Cubes Berry Nice Bar 40g (RRP unknown)
Total box RRP value $73.56 +Bonus Item
Box 3 (Gimme Energy Box) - February
- Koala Eco Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash (RRP $11.95/500g) 1 x full bottle received ($11.95)
- Macro Mike Blueberry Muffin Almond Protein Bars (RRP $59.95/12x45g) 1 x 45g bar received ($1.33)
- Hart & Soul Dahl (RRP $4.00/300g) 1 x full pouch received ($4.00)
- Teff Tribe Teff Flakes (RRP $9.95/400g) 1 x full pouch received ($9.95)
- Think Products Munchme Blueberry Almond Snack ($5.50/220g) 1 x full pouch received $5.50)
- Nexba Apple Cider Vinegar Soda Watermelon & Raspberry (RRP $8.60/4x330ml) 1 bottle received ($2.15)
- Higher Living Tea Morning Mojo (RRP $3.70/15 tea bags) 1 x tea bag received (0.25c)(which was ruined due to the wash spilling on it)
- MMMore Cashew Crunch Powder Cube (RRP $3.95/37g) 1 x cube received ($3.95)
- The No Nasties Project Sugar-Freezies All Natural Icy-Poles (RRP $6.50/900g) 3 x 60ml icy poles ($1.30) received
Total box RRP value $40.38
- The biggest pro is value for money, in total I received $153.68 + bonus worth of products for the upfront payment of $75.
- A great health food products introduction; I got to try a range of products that I may have not previously have heard of.
- Every month I felt like I was receiving a bright gift box of food & household items, that I actually found delish and handy.
- No roll over billing or contracts
- One of my samples were ruined so I didn’t get to try that product - I didn’t even bother to complain - not worth the effort.
- Diet limitations - When selecting which health box I’d like, I wasn’t able to combine both gluten free and vegan subscription box (though some products ended up being both anyway).
- Read the labels, I found one product which read “may contain gluten” this is of concern if you must avoid gluten at all costs.
- You may not necessarily buy each product afterwards.
- Australian Subscription box - shipping only within Austalia
Overall my Goodness Me Box* review rating - 9/10.
Prior to receiving my first self care subscription box, I was not really interested in these.
I thought they were full of small sample sized products.
And in my opinion, samples don’t normally give the full picture of the product.
With this food box subscription*, it’s a combination of full sized products and samplers. A generous array of products.
It has introduced me to new products which I would never have purchased myself.
I do think this will make the perfect gift.
It’s the gift that keeps on giving for a healthy mind healthy body.
I would say it is ideal for birthday’s, thank you’s, ‘cheer up’, Christmas or just because you appreciate someone in your life.
If you do opt to get the GoodnessMe subscription* as a birthday gift, note, that you cannot select the date it is sent out.
I have organised for my friend to receive a vegan subscription box for her birthday, starting on her birthday month.
Did you subscribe to receive a food subscription box from GoodnessMe? What’s your thoughts? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @plantbasedfolk
Leave a Reply