Roasted Okra (Vegan, Gluten Free, 4 Ingredients)
Roasted okra is a nutritious snack or side. It’s simple to make using only four ingredients. Well suited for roasts or with other roasted vegetables. Vegan and gluten free.
Servings: 4 people
- 800 g Okra fresh
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp Cracked black pepper
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
Preheat oven to 230C 446F
Cut off the stem ends of the okra and place in a bowl.
Place EVOO, salt, black pepper and oregano with the okra and coated well by mixing through.
Line a baking sheet pan with baking paper and place each okra singularly without overlapping. Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm
- Any dried herb or spice can be used instead of oregano
- Adjust quantities of the herbs and spices to suit your liking
- The okra tips will brown quicker as they are thinner
- Roasted okra will still be soft on the inside with crispy outsides
- Okra naturally is slimy, this is normal
- Optional - turn okra around the 15min mark during roasting
- Roasting okra in oven is easy, however watch out at the end as they can burn quickly
- After washing okra, be sure to dry well with a paper towel, leaving no moisture
- Try and avoid the large okra, as these are woody with stringy bits
- Select green okra without any brown spots, these tend to be older
- Using same sized okra pods will ensure all pieces are cooked evenly (as larger okra will take longer to roast)
Serving: 200g | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1432IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg