Quinoa Porridge (Hot Gluten-Free Cereal)
Warming and naturally sweetened bowl of quinoa porridge which takes only five minutes to make. Mix in your favourite fruit, berries, seeds and nuts. A wonderful quick breakfast of hot cereal.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 teaspoon Pepitas
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Kernels
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries
- 1 teaspoon Coconut flakes toasted
- ½ cup Fresh fruit your preference
Over med heat, add quinoa, water and maple syrup and whisk.
Once it starts to thicken, add all other ingredients and whisk through, total cooking time is approx. 90 sec. Serve warm.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use and how much sugar syrup is actually used.
*Shop for your healthy organic groceries at Thrive Market*.
- Spices - I love to use cinnamon. You can also add a pinch of nutmeg, star anise or any flavour you desire
- Fruit - use your preferred dried or fresh fruit or berries. Ensure they are chopped up into small pieces.
- Nuts & seeds - add your preferences, I like to add tiger nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, nigella seeds and so on.
- Flavouring - add a small amount of vanilla
- Savoury - quinoa porridge can also be made into a savoury dish, think of your loved flavours, lend flavours from this barley porridge
🥘Enjoy this with
- Liquid to quinoa flakes ratio is 3:1
- As the quinoa flakes are very fine, this vegan porridge cooks very quickly. Be sure to constantly stir and as soon as it thickens, turn off the heat.
- Dried berries & raisins (and similar) will swell when placed into the porridge.
Serving: -5g | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg