Gooey, chocolaty, rich, yum, can't-get-enough are all adjectives for this No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Recipe.
If I offered you a no bake gooey chocolate pretzel slice. Would you stop at one? I know my family found it hard to stop at one, these chocolate pretzel slices vanished before I blinked!
I guarantee there will be lots of mmmm's and finger licking.
There's something about sweet and salty that's just oh so good. What makes these chocolate pretzel slices even better, they are plant based (vegan friendly) and there's no need for baking!
No Bake Chocolate Slice Recipe with Pretzel Ingredients
1½ cups almond meal
4 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ cup nut butter (I used a combination of almond, macadamia and Brazil)
5 tablespoon maple syrup
1½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
200g vegan chocolate block, roughly chop
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
2 cups roughly crushed pretzel
How to make vegan chocolate pretzel slice
In a food processor, add all base ingredients. Pulse until well combined.
Press base mixture into a lined pan, creating an even layer.
Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
Create a Bain Marie (water bath over stove top)
Add chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and gently melt it down, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
Remove chocolate from heat and stir through peanut butter until combined.
Mix in crushed pretzels until completely coated in the chocolate.
Remove base from refrigerator and pour topping mixture over the top, spreading out evenly.
Refrigerate until chocolate topping is completely set.
Lift out from pan and slice up.
Keep store in the refrigerator
No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Slice Tips
Opt for natural peanut butter always, to avoid added sugars
You can add a little bit more pretzels if you desire for extra salty-ness and crunch
Use your preferred nut butter, e.g., if you prefer all almond only, do this
No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Slice Recipe
- 1½ cups Almond meal
- 4 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- ½ cup Nut butter (I used a combination of almond, macadamia and Brazil)
- 5 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoon Vanilla bean extract
- 200 g Roughly chop plant based chocolate block
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Crunchy peanut butter natural
- 2 cups Roughly crushed pretzel
- In a food processor, add all base ingredients. Pulse until well combined
- Press base mixture into a lined pan, creating an even layer
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up. About 15-20 min. minimum
- Create a Bain Marie (water bath over stove top)
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and gently melt it down, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth
- Remove chocolate from heat and stir through peanut butter until combined
- Mix in crushed pretzels until completely coated in the chocolate
- Remove base from refrigerator and pour topping mixture over the top, spreading out evenly
- Refrigerate until chocolate topping is completely set. Approx. 60-90 min. minimum
- Lift out from pan and slice up
- Store in refrigerator
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
Did you make this recipe, attribute your recipes to Plant Based Folk via on Pinterest
Looking for other plant based recipes? For all the chocolate lovers out there, here is our No Egg Choc Chip Muffins for you to also try.
This treat is delicious. I love how easy it is to prepare too, and making this is a fun way to spend time with the kids. 🙂
Thank you Anita, cooking with kids is important, glad it was fun
No bake is good with me. These look so epic.
IKR - quick and easy pretzel slice is the way to go 🙂
Sarah | Wandercooks
Aww yes! Pretzels and chocolate are one of my favourite combos. So keen to try it as a slice. I usually just dip them in my laziness hehe.
haha! No dipping pretzels in chocolate would solve half the problem.
This was everything I needed to cure my sweet tooth! Quick, easy and vegan too! Yum!
I just love the combination of sweet and salt like this. I am going to make this very soon. It seems so easy. I have no doubt my family will love it.