The freshest and most flavoursome Brown Rice Salad Recipe you'll ever come across. Additionally, if you love a crunchy salad this is definitely for you as the red cabbage and radish do just that - crunch!
This easy recipe can be made in no time at all and eaten as a main lunch/dinner or as a side (I personally like this for lunch). It's perfect for summer and is like a rainbow in a bowl. With so much colour, you know it's super healthy and contains many nutrients. Think vitamins K,B,A,C, Iron, Magnesium and so much more .
Brown Rice Salad Recipe Tips
- Consider tinned corn in lieu of fresh corn (if you don't have access to fresh corn (just wash thoroughly before using tinned corn to rid any unwanted citric acids/preservatives etc))
- Low on time - consider pre-boiled brown rice, such as a microwaveable rice by Sunrice
- This recipe is gluten free
- Substitute lime for lemon
Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 250 g Brown rice, boiled
- 1 medium Diced tomato medium sized dices
- 1 medium Diced Lebanese cucumber
- 1 Handful Sliced red cabbage
- 1 cob Corn kernals tin kernals is fine
- 2-3 medium Sliced radishes
- ½ medium Diced green capsicum
- 1 handful Roughly chopped fresh mint
Brown Rice Salad Dressing
- 1 medium Lime (juiced)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Seasoning or to taste
If using fresh corn
- Remove husk from corn
- Lay the corn cob on its side in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil. Boil for approx 5-7 minutes. Once cooked through, drain water and set corn aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice and herbs and mix well
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Add dressing ingredients and mix well
- Serve as a main meal or as an accompaniment
Do you like the sound of this salad being paired with something else? Try our Pumpkin Soup Recipe Vegan as a starter and finish off with our Lebanese Turmeric Semolina Cake aka Sfouf with a cup of tea or coffee.
Made this recipe? Please tag us using #plantbasedfolk also tell us your thoughts about this plant based recipe.