The freshest and most flavoursome Brown Rice Salad Recipe you'll ever come across. Additionally, if you love a crunchy salad this is definitely for you as the red cabbage and radish do just that - crunch!
This easy recipe can be made in no time at all and eaten as a main lunch/dinner or as a side (I personally like this for lunch). It's perfect for summer and is like a rainbow in a bowl. With so much colour, you know it's super healthy and contains many nutrients. Think vitamins K,B,A,C, Iron, Magnesium and so much more.
Another salad that's full of nutrients is my vegan broccoli salad.
Brown Rice Salad Recipe Tips
- Consider tinned corn in lieu of fresh corn (if you don't have access to fresh corn (just wash thoroughly before using tinned corn to rid any unwanted citric acids/preservatives etc))
- Low on time - consider pre-boiled brown rice, such as a microwaveable rice by Sunrice
- This recipe is gluten free
- Substitute lime for lemon
Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 250 g Brown rice, boiled
- 1 medium Diced tomato medium sized dices
- 1 medium Diced Lebanese cucumber
- 1 Handful Sliced red cabbage
- 1 cob Corn kernals tin kernals is fine
- 2-3 medium Sliced radishes
- ½ medium Diced green capsicum
- 1 handful Roughly chopped fresh mint
Brown Rice Salad Dressing
- 1 medium Lime (juiced)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Seasoning or to taste
If using fresh corn
- Remove husk from corn
- Lay the corn cob on its side in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil. Boil for approx 5-7 minutes. Once cooked through, drain water and set corn aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice and herbs and mix well
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Add dressing ingredients and mix well
- Serve as a main meal or as an accompaniment
Do you like the sound of this salad being paired with something else? Try our Pumpkin Soup Recipe Vegan as a starter and finish off with our Lebanese Turmeric Semolina Cake aka Sfouf with a cup of tea or coffee.
Made this recipe? Please tag us using #plantbasedfolk also tell us your thoughts about this plant based recipe.