A special treat of eggless chocolate chip muffins made with only 6 ingredients. These are fluffy, naturally sweetened, vegan and tender. They can also be made oil-free (both versions shown in this recipe)
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
😋Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The ingredients within this recipe are straightforward, especially for when you don’t have baking powder or baking soda (although these can be used)
- They make the perfect grab 'n' go snack
- Minimal effort needed, quite simple to make
- They just taste wonderful - naturally sweetened
- Dietary friendly - vegan, can be made oil-free (both versions shown), dairy free refined sugar free.
✔️Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Self raising flour is super easy to work with. It does the job for you to help rise your muffins. I like using organic unbleached.
If you don't have this use all purpose flour (plain) with a teaspoon of baking powder + ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
Maple syrup will sweeten these egg free muffins
Dairy free milk of your choice, I generally select almond milk
Dairy free butter - this version creates a fluffier muffin. I have substituted this for unsweetened applesauce for a no added oil version, the muffins turn out delicious just not as fluffy/big, and have a little bit of sponginess.
Vegan chocolate chips of your choice. I have used a block of vegan chocolate which I then cut up into small pieces
Vanilla extract/essence to help enhance flavouring
🧁How To Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins
Step 1 - In a large mixing bowl or mixer, add flour and make a well in the centre. Add all wet ingredients into the well and whisk until it comes together. Do not over whisk. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 2 - Scoop batter into well greased muffin tray (or if making these oil free, scoop the batter into non-stick muffin liners) Top muffins with additional choc chips (optional)
Step 3 - Bake in a preheated fan-forced oven of 180C (356F) for approximately 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of muffin. Allow to cool before transferring. Store in an airtight container.
⭐ Pro Tips
When baking, the best results are always achieved through measuring ingredients on a kitchen scale (affiliate link) using the metric system.
Flour should be fluffed, scooped and measured. Do not pack down.
Chocolate chips - chocolate chips can be swapped for any vegan chocolate bar that can be smashed up into pieces; however make sure the pieces are similar in size to traditional choc chips
Maple syrup - can be swapped out for your preferred sweetener like coconut sugar
Don't over mix the batter, try to minimise the amount of mixing to avoid the muffins turning out dense
Allow muffins to cool for at least 15 minutes before taking them out of the tray, this will ensure they stay in tact
Store these vegan choc chip muffins in an airtight container (once completely cooled to avoid condensation) for several days in your pantry
This eggless chocolate chip muffin recipe yields 12 small muffins. If you're in need of a great 12 cup muffin tray, try this one (affiliate link)
Generally this is because the batter has been over mixed. Try sifting flour to make it airy and measure out the right amounts, as more flour makes it dense. The batter shouldn't be runny.
Normally this is because the muffins are under baked. Do not open the oven during baking, set a timer as soon as they put into the oven.
Dairy free yogurts, vinegar & baking soda, unsweetened applesauce, silken tofu, mashed ripe banana, ground flaxseed, aquafaba.
You might be interested to read this list of easy vegan muffin recipes.
Ultra decadent vegan chocolate muffins
Have you ever tried a savory muffin? They're great for any time of day, check out my savory zucchini muffins.
Or try my super fudgy gluten-free vegan sweet potato brownies with no oil.
Easy rice cake with peanut butter and chocolate
If you like using packet cake mix, and like choc chips, check out this 3 ingredient pumpkin bread by Well If She Can Do It.
Did you enjoy making this vegan eggless chocolate chip muffins recipe? I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below and give me a rating. This will help me sustain Plant Based Folk.
Alternatively, did you happen to take a photo of your egg free muffins? Tag me @plantbasedfolk on Instagram to be featured via stories. If you love sharing your vegan food pics, join the PBF community group. If you’re into fast cooking vids, join me on Tiktok.
Easy Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan)
No Egg Choc Chip Muffins Ingredients
- 2 cup Self raising flour
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¾ cup Dairy free milk
- ¾ cup Dairy free butter substitute applesauce for oil free version
- ½ cup Vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract/essence
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, add flour and make a well in the centre. Add all wet ingredients into the well and whisk until it comes together. Do not over whisk. Fold in chocolate chips.2 cup Self raising flour, ½ cup Maple syrup, ¾ cup Dairy free milk, ¾ cup Dairy free butter, 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract/essence, ½ cup Vegan chocolate chips
- Scoop batter into well greased muffin tray (or if making these oil free, scoop the batter into non-stick muffin liners) Top muffins with additional choc chips (optional)
- Bake in a preheated fan-forced oven of 180C (356F) for approximately 25min or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of muffin. Allow to cool before transferring. Store in an airtight container.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.