Learn how to make a vegan creamy mushroom spaghetti that's guilt free and wholesome which the whole family will love. In addition, this makes a perfect weeknight main meal as it's ideal for those who are time poor.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website
What you'll need for this vegan pasta recipe:
- Button mushrooms, fresh is best (you can substitute for your favourite mushrooms)
- Plant based butter
- Plain flour
- Fresh parsley
- Spaghetti (I used wholemeal)
- Fresh garlic
- Plant based milk
- Fresh Lemon juice
🔪 Cooking Instructions
Step 1 - Cook your spaghetti as instructed and set aside.
Step 2 - In a saucepan over medium to high heat melt 1 tablespoon plant-based butter, sauté garlic and mushrooms. Set aside.
Step 3 - Melt the remaining plant based butter and stir in flour, it will thicken into a paste.
Step 4 - Lower heat to low to medium, and slowly pour in little amounts at a time of milk until you have your desired sauce consistency.
Step 5 - Add mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, seasoning and stir through well.
Step 6 -Serve and garnish with parsley
💭 Recipe tips
Button mushrooms can be swapped out for your preferred mushrooms. Always opt for fresh over tinned. If tinned is your only option, thoroughly wash the mushrooms to rid of unwanted citric acid
Use your favourite type of pasta, this spaghetti from San Remo is featured in this recipe, however you could use a gluten-free pasta if your diet calls for this. Just follow the instructions as directed
Don't be afraid to adjust quantities to suit your taste, i.e., want more mushrooms? Go for it!
This meal can be stored for approx. 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer, therefore making meal prep so easy
😜 Recipe Variations
- Add some spinach leaves
- Use your preferred type of pasta
- Add some roasted sunchokes (jerusalem artichokes)
- For something less carby, use spaghetti squash in place of pasta
- Add asparagus
- For added protein, add some roasted pine nuts & almonds
Other vegan pasta recipes
Have you ever tried pasta as a snack, consider these addictive air fryer pasta chips.
- 300/10.5 g/oz Sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon Plant based butter
- 1 tablespoon Plain flour
- 1 Handful Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Paprika to taste
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning (or to taste)
- 500 g/18oz
- 1 Whole Crushed garlic clove
- ½ Cup Plant based milk
- ½ Fresh Lemon juice
- Cook your spaghetti as instructed and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium to high heat melt 1 tablespoon plant based butter, sauté garlic and mushrooms. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining plant based butter and stir in flour, it will thicken into a paste.
- Lower heat to low to medium, and slowly pour in little amounts at a time of milk until you have your desired sauce consistency.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, seasoning and stir through well.
- Serve and garnish with parsley
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.