A warming, luscious and creamy spicy cauliflower soup without oil that is naturally vegan and gluten-free. Made in under 30 minutes, all the ingredients are chopped and dropped into one pot, so easy!
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
😋Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- One pot, chop and drop vegan soup
- Creamy, luscious, and satisfying
- Super spicy! But you can reduce the amount of heat by adjusting the quantities
- Big batch and left-over approved (by my family)
- Dietary friendly - suitable for vegans, gluten-free, dairy free, oil free (WFPB), corn free, and soy free.
✔️Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Cauliflower florets. For amazing results use good quality fresh cauliflower, however, you can use frozen cauliflower too.
Potatoes need to be peeled and chopped into small pieces.
Brown or white onion, should be peeled and chopped. This will add a little bit of sweetness to this vegan soup.
Fresh garlic cloves should be crushed. Feel free to add as much as you like.
Coconut cream gives a luxurious silkiness along with a creaminess.
Onion powder for an elevated flavoring.
Cayenne pepper, ground red chili pepper, black cracked pepper, and sweet paprika are used to add spiciness. Feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your palette.
If you are wary of adding chili, leave them out and just add black pepper or start with smaller amounts.
🍛How To Make Spicy Cauliflower Soup
Step 1 - In a tall non-stick pot, over high heat, add potato, onion, garlic and 6 tablespoons of the water. Stir until onions are translucent and potatoes have started to soften. About 2 minutes.
Step 2 - Add cauliflower and the remaining water. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low-medium. Add all other ingredients and stir through. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower can easily be cut. Turn off heat.
Step 3 - Stand pot for at least 10 minutes to cool down. Transfer contents to a blender, leave the lid ajar and blend until soup is smooth. Serve warm
⭐ Pro Tips
Chop up your vegetables into small-sized chunks to speed up & minimize boiling.
Use a non-stick pot as this is an oil-free recipe.
To ensure it is thick & creamy; do not fully submerge your veggies, instead fill the water line to be around 1-2cm under the ingredients.
To water down your soup, add more water, salt, and onion powder little bits at a time until you achieve the creamy consistency you'd like.
To make this vegan cauliflower soup smooth - use a blender and not a held mixer. The result is truly smooth. When using a blender it's best to start & end with pulsing - this will make sure all ingredients are blended.
Do not pour boiling soup into a blender and blender, this can cause pressure build-up and can be very dangerous. Always allow your soup to cool down for 10 minutes before blending with the lid ajar.
🍛Vegan Soup Garnish Suggestions
Try loading your vegan spicy cauliflower soup with any of the following;
Crispy oven-baked cauliflower florets
Toasted seeds and nuts - think pepitas, sesame seeds, nigella seeds etcetera
Roasted chickpeas or other types of roasted beans
Croutons (gluten-free if needed)
Chopped greens for additional fiber - add your favorite greens such as spinach or kale
Fresh herbs - try chives, spring onions (scallions), parsley, coriander (cilantro)
Microgreens and or sprouts
It's always a good idea to enjoy fresh bread on the side. Here's my recipe for dinner rolls which are the perfect rip-apart bread for dunking.
Once cooled down to room temperature, place the soup into a sealed container and place in the fridge. Store for up to 5 days. Reheat portion sizes as needed.
Ensure your soup is not boiling when placed in a blender, always allow at least 10 minutes of cooling time. Pour the hot contents into your blender, leave the top of your blender ajar (do not fully seal the lid), and blend until the desired consistency is achieved. Carefully open the lid when done and serve.
- Low fat potato and carrot soup
- Carrot and celery soup
- Easy vegan broccoli soup
- Vegan asparagus soup
- Pumpkin soup without cream
- 20 minute Pea Soup with Thyme
- Ginger Lime Carrot Soup
- Lebanese lentil soup (shorbet adas)
- Gluten free tomato soup
Vegan Spicy Cauliflower Soup Without Oil
- 750 grams Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 small Potatoes peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium Brown Onion chopped small
- 4-5 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- 2½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2½ cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Ground hot red chilli pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sweet paprika
- In a tall non-stick pot, over high heat, add potato, onion, garlic and 6 tablespoons of the water. Stir until onions are translucent and potatoes have started to soften. About 2 minutes.3 small Potatoes, 1 medium Brown Onion, 4-5 cloves Garlic
- Add cauliflower and the remaining water. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low-medium. Add all other ingredients and stir through. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower can easily be cut. Turn off heat.750 grams Cauliflower, 1 cup Coconut cream, 2½ teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoon Onion Powder, 2½ cups Water, 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes, ½ teaspoon Ground hot red chilli pepper, ½ teaspoon Cracked black pepper, ½ teaspoon Sweet paprika
- Stand pot for at least 10 minutes to cool down. Transfer contents to a blender, leave the lid ajar and blend until soup is smooth. Serve warm
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.