Incredibly addictive chewy homemade vegan granola bars made with oats, pepitas and cranberries that have been combined with 100% peanut butter, a hint of salt and are naturally sweetened.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
What Are Homemade Vegan Granola Bars?
Homemade vegan granola bars also known as chewy muesli bars are packed with whole ingredients to enjoy as a grab and go snack.
Some of the ingredients typically include rolled oats, a natural sweetener, some form of nut butter and some fillers such as dried fruit, seeds and nuts.
These types of bars can be either baked or not baked.
This is a no bake recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Incredibly addictive, these vegan granola bars are delicious
- Very easy to make and requires no baking.
- A healthy snack, filled with protein and good starch to help you keep full
- Made with all natural ingredients - you know exactly what you are eating
- Dietary friendly - naturally vegan, gluten free*, soy free, corn free and no added oil
✔️Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Gluten free rolled oats* be sure to check the labels to ensure your oats are gluten free if need be. Oats are the major ingredient.
Pepita seeds (raw pumpkin seeds) and sunflower seeds without shell. These can easily be found at your local grocer.
Dried cranberries add a lovely sweetness and color contrast to these bars.
Brown rice malt syrup is thick and malleable enough to help bind and set the ingredients to create a chewy bar.
Peanut butter should contain 100% peanuts only, no added ingredients. This will act as one of the binding agents for these bars.
Sea salt to help elevate the flavoring of all the ingredients. A little goes a long way.
How To Make Vegan Granola Bars
Step 1 - In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and mix well, till everything is sticky and combined.
Step 2 - Press mixture into a 18cm x 28cm (7” x 11”) baking pan (affiliate link) that you’ve lined with either baking paper or cling wrap. Cover mixture with sheet of baking paper, press down firmly until evenly distributed. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into bar shapes, and place them into an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks
⭐ Pro Tips
Ensure the mixture is pressed and packed down firmly into the trays so that the bars hold their shape.
The wet and dry ingredients are best mixed separately, so that there is even distribution, before combining together.
Add a hint of vanilla extract or other type of extract
Play around with adding other seeds - I like the combination of both pepita and sunflower seeds together
Add some chopped nuts or chocolate chips
Replace the cranberries with sultanas, currants, or other dried berries
Peanut butter can be replaced with other nut butters
Use an 100% all natural peanut butter with no added additives. You can choose to use with smooth or chunky texture.
This recipe is best suited for a baking sheet pan of 18cm x 28cm (7” x 11”). Be sure to place down a layer of cling wrap before using to press down the granola mix.
Granola Bars by The Easy Way
Here's a great list of other vegan snacks
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Homemade Vegan Granola Bars (No Bake)
- 2½ cups Rolled or quick oats
- 1 cup Raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup Cranberries
- ⅔ cup Peanut or almond butter all natural
- ½ cup Brown rice syrup Or Agave nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and mix well, till everything is sticky and combined.2½ cups Rolled or quick oats, 1 cup Raw pumpkin seeds, ½ cup Cranberries, ½ cup Brown rice syrup, ⅛ teaspoon Sea salt, ⅔ cup Peanut or almond butter
- Press mixture into a 18cm x 28cm (7” x 11”) baking sheet pan that you’ve lined with either baking paper or cling wrap. Cover mixture with sheet of baking paper, press well until evenly distributed and packed down tight. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into bar shapes, and place them into an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.