You will fall in love with this healthy creamy cilantro lime avocado dressing. It's made with fresh ingredients and is bursting with flavor, this dressing is perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps, pasta, dipping and more.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Made with fresh natural ingredients and no added preservatives, this creamy dressing is a healthier alternative to store-bought dressings.
- With just a few simple ingredients and a food processor, you can whip up this easy dressing in no time.
- It's versatile, perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps, and more. The consistency of the avocado cilantro dressing can easily be adapted to be thicker or thinner, you can use it as a dipping sauce if you wish.
- It's bursting with the fresh flavors that your taste buds will love! Visualize fresh herby cilantro, zesty lime, super creamy avocado, a hint of sweetness and aniseed, this dressing is sure to add a little extra flavor to any meal.
- Dietary friendly - It's vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, nut free and oil free
Ingredients You'll Need and Variations
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Fresh cilantro, aka coriander (AU) for a fresh herb flavor. If you prefer, you can use parsley instead. Fresh cilantro provides the best flavor for this recipe, but if you don't have any on hand, you can use dried cilantro instead.
Lime juice should be freshly squeezed for optimum sour citrus flavoring. You can swap this with fresh lemon juice instead.
Fresh garlic clove, you can use as much as you like.
Fresh chili pepper will add a kick of heat and spice to the dressing. You can add your preferred type of chili or use red pepper flakes.
Fresh orange juice will complement the lime and add a natural sweetness to balance out the savory flavors. If you prefer, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup.
Ground anise seed is also known as aniseed, will add a mild sweetness akin to licorice, it does give this dressing a little something special.
Only a little bit is needed. It can be found in your local supermarket or purchase anise seed spice here (affiliate link). This can be swapped with caraway or fennel if preferred. Or just leave it out.
Salt will help to bring out the natural flavor of this creamy avocado dressing.
All of the ingredients can be adjusted to suit your taste, I personally love mine extra citrusy (tart). If you'd like you can add a spoonful of olive oil.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
Prepare The Ingredients
Start by gathering all of your ingredients and washing the cilantro and fresh chili and then juicing the lime and orange.
Peel the garlic clove and cut the ripe avocado in half, removing the pit and the skin.
Blend Into A CreamyTexture
In a food processor (affiliate link), combine the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, clove of garlic, chili pepper, fresh orange juice, anise seed and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Adjust salt if desired. The consistency can be adjusted by using a cup of water to pour small amounts until the desired consistency has been achieved.
It can be used in salads, on vegetables, in bowls (such as buddha bowls or rice bowls), in sandwiches or wraps
Drizzle this green sauce over a fresh chopped salad for a healthy fiber filled meal.
Use as a spread on sandwiches, and wraps, or try avocado toast topped with some chopped green onion. Try it with this delicious vegetarian crunchwrap.
Use it as a pasta sauce on your favorite type of pasta. Or try it with zucchini noodles - zoodles!
Enjoy it with tacos (taco salad), tortillas, burrito bowls or similar.
While a food processor is the easiest way to make this recipe, you can also use a good blender or immersion blender to blend the ingredients. Alternatively, you can use a pestle and mortar to crush all the ingredients together into a smooth paste. This will take some time.
Place the dressing into a clean airtight container or a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Note, the color may change slightly the longer it is left in the fridge. A top to avoid this creamy avocado cilantro sauce from browning is to squeeze some lime juice on top before storing.
Other Healthy Dressing and Creamy Sauce Recipes
Another amazing avocado dressing is my vegan pesto sauce with avocado. I love it so much with vegetables.
Or try this tasty avocado salad by Eat Your Beets.
You might also like these oil free dips/dressings, creamy Lebanese hummus made out of chickpeas.
Or here's a list of vegan salad dressing recipes to bookmark.
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Healthy Creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
- Start by gathering all of your ingredients and washing the cilantro. Peel the garlic clove and cut the avocado in half, removing the pit and the skin2 large Avocadoes, 1 cup Cilantro, ¼ cup Lime juice, 1 clove Garlic, 1 Chili, ½ teaspoon Ground anise seed, 1 teaspoon Salt, ⅓ cup Orange juice
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt if desired. See note 1 about adjusting consistency.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.