Get that satisfying crunchy snack through these gluten free pita chips. Made with three ingredients and ready in 10 minutes. A great pantry snack.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
What are Gluten-Free Pita Chips?
Gluten free pita chips are a tasty snack made from gluten-free pita bread that has been baked or air-fried until it is crispy and golden brown.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Ridiculously easy and requires only a few simple ingredients
- It's a great way to use up any stale pita bread you might have lying around
- Can be enjoyed with dips, salads, porridges, soups, or on their own
- Dietary friendly - vegan, gluten free, can also be made oil free
Ingredients You'll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Gluten-free pita bread - check the ingredients to ensure they meet your required diet.
Olive oil or avocado oil - only a spray or a spoonful is needed to help adhere to the seasoning.
I like to use a decor oil spray bottle (affiliate link) which I fill myself and am able to control the amount I use.
Salt - this is optional. Be aware of any salt added to any seasonings you use.
Tip - If preferred, bake or air fry the cut-up GF pita bread without any oil and once they are golden sprinkle your preferred seasoning.
How to Make Gluten-Free Pita Chips With Seasoning
Step One - If using an oven, preheat it to 180C (350F).
Step Two - Cut your gluten-free pita bread into small pieces and place them into a large mixing bowl.
Step Three - Drizzle/spray the oil over the pita pieces and sprinkle with your desired seasoning and optional salt. Gently toss to coat the pieces (GF bread tends to be a little brittle).
Step Four - Place the pita pieces onto a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden.
Alternatively, you can make these chips in an air fryer by placing them into the air fryer tray on high for 7-8 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden.
Tip: Air fryers differ between models and may require different times, so keep an eye on your chips to make sure they don't burn. I use an airfryer with a pan (affiliate link).
There are many ways to enjoy these delicious gluten-free pita chips.
Whilst they are great on their own, here are a few suggestions to get you started:
Serve them with your favorite dip, like Lebanese hummus, baba ghanouj (famous Lebanese eggplant dip), vegan bean dip, zesty zucchini insides dip or thick and creamy avocado cilantro lime dressing or vegan pesto sauce with avocado, which both can double as a dip.
Use them to add crunch to a salad, such as fattoush salad.
A commonly used method by Lebanese folk is to use them as a scoop for mujadara safra (a wholesome red lentil cold porridge), albeit they aren't normally GF.
Yes, you can. Follow the same method this recipe has, using regular pita bread.
Yes, you can. Simply store them in an airtight container or snap-lock bag for up to 5 days (if they last that long), they will retain their crunch.
Check out these homemade vegan gluten free chickpea crackers.
If you like zaatar, check out my popular zaatar pastry pinwheels.
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Easy Gluten Free Pita Chips
- 1 Gluten free pita
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil or as much as required
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning I used zaatar
- 1 pinch Salt optional
- Using kitchen scissors, cut your gluten-free pita bread into small pieces and place them into a large mixing bowl.1 Gluten free pita
- Drizzle/spray the oil over the pita pieces and sprinkle with your desired seasoning (see notes for suggestions) and optional salt. Gently combine until each pita piece is well coated. You can adjust the amount of oil, seasoning and salt used to suit.1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon Seasoning, 1 pinch Salt
- Place the pita pieces onto a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden. Alternatively, you can make these chips in an air fryer by placing them into the air fryer tray and air frying them on high for 7-8 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.