A fun and quick treat of rice cake with peanut butter topped with your favorite chocolate. Ready in 15 minutes.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website
😋Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A fun and simple snack using easy ingredients
- 15 minutes and you’re done
- Dietary friendly - vegan and gluten-free (ensure all the ingredients you purchase are gluten-free).
- This Tiktok viral giant peanut butter rice cake can be customized
✔️Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Plain rice cakes should have no added flavors
Peanut butter - use one that has nothing added to it and is 100% peanuts. You can use crunchy or smooth.
If you need to avoid peanut butter, swap it out with any other nut butter eg., almond butter or cashew butter
Vegan chocolate - this will be melted and used to top the rice cakes with peanut butter. I didn’t add any oil to melt the chocolate.
Optional - slices of fruit or berries, such as banana or strawberries. You can also use your favorite jam or compote.
🍫How To Make Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter and Chocolate
Step 1 - Melt the chocolate by either bringing water to a boil in a pot and then placing a heat-proof bowl on top of the water, breaking apart dairy-free chocolate and placing the pieces into the top bowl. Stir until it has melted. Or place broken chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until all chocolate has melted.
Step 2 - Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake. Add optional toppings. Then pour chocolate on top. Place in the freezer on a tray until chocolate solidifies. Roughly 10 minutes.
⭐ Pro Tips
These do not have to look perfect, in fact, I love that I can let them look rustic
If adding fruit, slice these up as thin and place them on top of the PB and under the chocolate layer
Adding a sprinkle of salt will help enhance the sweetness
Top with crushed salted peanuts
There are many toppings that go well with rice cakes and peanut butter, the obvious is chocolate. You can also add your favorite sliced fruit, jam, compote, syrup, salt, crushed cocoa nibs, avocado, chopped dried fruits or chopped roasted nuts, and even jelly.
Yes, though the results may vary. Do this by breaking apart the chocolate into small pieces, placing them into a microwave-safe bowl, and melting in 30-second increments stirring in between until the chocolate has melted. Depending on the type of chocolate used, you may need to add a small amount of coconut oil to help the chocolate melt.
Once the chocolate on the rice cakes with peanut butter solidifies, place it into an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
If you have a true sweet tooth, check out the best date caramel sauce which can also be smeared onto these rice cakes.
Rice Cake With Peanut Butter and Chocolate
- 1 Rice cake plain
- 1-2 tablespoons Peanut butter 100%
- 1-2 tablespoons Dairy free chocolate melted
- 1 small sliced fruit
- 1 smidge Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate by either bringing water to a boil in a pot and then placing a heat-proof bowl on top, breaking apart dairy-free chocolate and placing it into the bowl. Stir until it has melted. Or place broken chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time (stirring occasionally) until all chocolate has melted.1-2 tablespoons Dairy free chocolate
- Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake. Add optional toppings. Then pour chocolate on top. Place in the freezer on a tray until chocolate solidifies. Roughly 10 minutes.1 Rice cake, 1-2 tablespoons Peanut butter, 1 small sliced fruit, 1 smidge Sea salt
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.