A fun and quick treat of rice cake with peanut butter topped with your favorite chocolate. Ready in 15 minutes.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This rice cake dessert fun and simple snack using easy ingredients
- 15 minutes and you’re done
- Dietary friendly - vegan and gluten-free (ensure all the ingredients you purchase are gluten-free).
- This Tiktok viral giant peanut butter rice cake with chocolate can be customized
Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Plain rice cakes should have no added flavors
Peanut butter - use one that has nothing added to it and is 100% peanuts. You can use crunchy or smooth.
If you need to avoid peanut butter, swap it out with any other nut butter eg., almond butter or cashew butter
Vegan chocolate - this will be melted and used to top the rice cakes with peanut butter. I didn’t add any oil to melt the chocolate.
Rice Cake With Chocolate Variations
So much fun can be had with making rice cakes with chocolate and peanut butter. Try any or all of the following;
Slices of fruit or berries, such as banana or strawberries are great to sandwich in between the chocolate layer and the PB layer.
Smear your favorite jam or compote after the PB.
Use different types of chocolate for extreme chocolate.
Top with crushed salted peanuts.
Adding a sprinkle of salt will help enhance the sweetness of this rice cake dessert.
How To Make Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter and Chocolate
Melt the chocolate by either bringing water to a boil in a pot and then placing a heat-proof bowl on top of the water, breaking apart dairy-free chocolate and placing the pieces into the top bowl. Stir until it has melted. Or place broken chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until all chocolate has melted.
Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake. Add optional toppings. Then pour chocolate on top. Place in the freezer on a tray until chocolate solidifies. Roughly 10 minutes.
These do not have to look perfect, in fact, I love that I can let them look rustic.
There are many toppings that go well with rice cakes and peanut butter, the obvious is chocolate. You can also add your favorite sliced fruit, jam, compote, syrup, salt, crushed cocoa nibs, avocado, chopped dried fruits or chopped roasted nuts, and even jelly.
Yes, though the results may vary. Do this by breaking apart the chocolate into small pieces, placing them into a microwave-safe bowl, and melting in 30-second increments stirring in between until the chocolate has melted. Depending on the type of chocolate used, you may need to add a small amount of coconut oil to help the chocolate melt.
Once the chocolate on the rice cakes with peanut butter solidifies, place it into an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Another healthy vegan snack using natural peanut butter are my matcha balls.
If you have a true sweet tooth, check out the best date caramel sauce which can also be smeared onto these rice cakes.
Or these no bake peanut butter chocolate balls.
Craving something Aussie, try my vegan gluten free ANZAC biscuits.
These chocolate lollipops are great as a small treat.
Looking for more rice cake ideas try some of these rice cake toppings.
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Rice Cake With Peanut Butter and Chocolate
- 1 Rice cake plain
- 1-2 tablespoons Peanut butter 100%
- 1-2 tablespoons Dairy free chocolate melted
- 1 small sliced fruit
- 1 smidge Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate by either bringing water to a boil in a pot and then placing a heat-proof bowl on top, breaking apart dairy-free chocolate and placing it into the bowl. Stir until it has melted. Or place broken chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time (stirring occasionally) until all chocolate has melted.1-2 tablespoons Dairy free chocolate
- Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake. Add optional toppings. Then pour chocolate on top. Place in the freezer on a tray until chocolate solidifies. Roughly 10 minutes.1 Rice cake, 1-2 tablespoons Peanut butter, 1 small sliced fruit, 1 smidge Sea salt
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.