Crunchy roasted chickpeas are a tasty snack. These chickpeas are tossed in spices and roasted until golden and crunchy.
If you’ve not tried oven roasted cumin chickpeas you’re really doing yourself an injustice.
Roasted chickpeas are the easiest and quickest snack to make, the best part about making roasted chickpeas is that they are inexpensive and will have your tastebuds doing backflips.
As chickpeas are naturally boasting lots of protein, I especially love eating these when I am going through my gym/fitness phases (yes, phases, haha)
but when I am not busting my toosh at the gym, they make for a healthier snack than your typical grab and go.
- Chickpeas (either dry or tinned)
- Ground cumin
- Ground parika
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Farenheight
Step 2 - In a bowl, mix the drained chickpeas, spices, seasoning and oil. Thoroughly coating every chickpea.
Step 3 - Pour chickpeas onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Step 4 - Spread out chickpeas onto tray ensuring not are overlapping.
Step 5 - Roast for about 25min.
The longer you roast the chickpeas the crunchier they will be from the inside out, however watch out toward the end of the roasting cycle as they will brown quickly
Try adding your favourite spices to suit your taste
How long do roasted chickpeas last? These can keep for several days in your pantry for easy snacking, but keep in a dry place
If you are storing these, ensure the roasted cumin chickpeas are cooled to room temperature before sealing (to avoid sogginess created by condensation)
Serve warm or cold
If you're looking for a healthy nut snack, try soaked almonds. They are ridiculously easy to make, easy to digest and creamier than normal almonds.
Crunchy Oven Roasted Cumin Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Farenheight
- In a bowl, mix the drained chickpeas, spices, seasoning and oil. Thoroughly coating every chickpea.
- Pour chickpeas onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread out chickpeas onto tray ensuring not are overlapping. Tip; if chickpeas are overlapping you'll not achieve crunchiness.
- Baked for about 25min. Tip; the longer you bake them the crunchier the roasted chickpeas, but be carefully toward the end, as they will brown quick.
- Allow to slightly cool before serving. Although, these can be enjoyed hot or cold