A revitalizing fusion of vibrant basil and zesty lemons. Every sip exudes a blend of tangy subtle sweetness. Crafted from freshly squeezed lemons, fresh basil leaves, and gently sweetened with all-natural maple syrup. This invigorating and healthy sparkling basil lemonade mocktail is a breeze to prepare.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This easy lemonade with fresh herbs is one of my absolute favorite summertime drinks using simple ingredients
- No refined sugars (like store-bought lemonade), packed with vitamin C
- An all-natural mocktail, that’s perfect for the whole family
- The flavor is tangy with a hint of basil flavor
- It’s a delicious way to cool down and quench your thirst on hot summer days
- Great way to use a basil plant (I know I have a lot growing in the garden) and lemons
- You can control the ratio of lemon and basil, along with the amount of natural sweetness.
Ingredients You'll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice is the base of any good homemade lemonade.
- Fresh basil leaves, pick them off any hard stems.
- Club soda (soda water) is carbonated water and will make this perfect drink sparkling and fizzy. This can substituted for filtered cold water if you prefer not to have a sparkling drink.
- Maple syrup will be used to naturally sweeten this sweet basil lemonade. However you can use sugar syrups if you like, such as this brown sugar syrup by We Are Not Martha.
How to Make Sparkling Basil Lemonade
Prepare the fresh lemon juice by cutting the lemons in half and then squeezing them with a citrus juicer (affiliate link) to extract the juice.
Pick the basil leaves off the stems until you have 1 cup worth. It doesn’t have to be a tightly packed cup.
Use a blender (affiliate link) to combine lemon juice, basil leaves and maple syrup. Blend it on high for at least one minute or until the basil has been completely incorporated into the juice. The lemon and basil juice should be a gorgeous color of light green.
Use a fine mesh strainer (affiliate link) (or nut cloth) to pour the lemon and basil juice into a large pitcher (affiliate link), then add the club soda (soda water). Give the lemon and basil drink a thorough stir.
Pour the lemonade with basil mocktail over ice-filled glasses (use lots of ice and pretty serving glasses (affiliate link)
Garnish the individual drinks as you please (try a twist of lemon zest, fresh basil sprigs, or lemon slices) and serve cold. Enjoy!
Shop The Equipment
A food processor can be used in place of a blender.
Make the basil and lemon juice ahead of time by only blending the lemon juice, fresh basil leaves and maple syrup. Keep this in the fridge for up to five days and only add the club soda when you are ready to serve this refreshing drink.
Do not add ice to the pitcher, unless you are serving this fresh basil lemonade immediately. Ice will dilute the drink quickly, especially on a hot day.
Make ice cubes out of the sweetened basil and lemon juice for extra flavor. These will need to be made ahead.
Feel free to add some fresh fruit, try it with kiwi or strawberry slices.
Other Healthy Lemonade Recipes
If you love making healthy drinks at home, you will definitely love my other lemonade flavors.
Try my mint lemonade (from the Middle East) or my perfect pitcher drink of orangeade. Or my pink rose lemonade. These are all perfect for warm days, I am sure you will find your new favorite summer drink.
Shop The Equipment
Easy Sparkling Homemade Basil Lemonade (Healthy Mocktail)
- 1 cup Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- 4 cups Club soda aka soda water
- Add the fresh lemon juice, fresh basil leaves and maple syrup into a blender jug and blend for at least one minute or until well combined and the basil is incorporated into the juice.1 cup Lemon juice, 1 cup Fresh basil leaves, ½ cup Maple syrup
- Pour the basil and lemon juice into a large pitcher and then pour the club soda (soda water), give it a stir to combine.4 cups Club soda
- Pour the basil lemonade over ice-filled glasses and garnish with extracbasil leaves and lemon slices and serve cold.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.