A deliciously creamy mango pineapple banana smoothie made with fresh and frozen fruit, chia seeds, maca powder which have been blended with almond milk and is naturally sweetened with Medjool date.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
This almond milk smoothie with mango is totally satisfying, it’s cold and creamy, perfect to get you started with your day.
Smoothies can be as simple or packed with as many complementing ingredients as you like. I’ve kept this one fairly simple.
😋Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made using accessible frozen and fresh fruits
- Vegan, gluten free, soy free, dairy free and corn free
- All natural, made with plant milk - this is a yogurt free smoothie
- Adaptable, you can add or minus ingredients to suit your liking (hide some leafy greens within for those fussy eaters)
- Made in minutes, perfect as a grab-n-go breakfast.
- Adjust the sweetness as you please with no added refined sugar
✔️What You’ll Need
🥤 Ingredients Notes
Banana should be ripe (a few brown spots on the skin), 1 small banana is all that is required.
Pineapple chopped into chunks. 1 cup is required.
Mango 1 cup of frozen mango pieces. You can leave this out and make a pineapple banana smoothie.
Medjool date needs to be pitted prior to adding into the blender. Only one is required, as they do add quite a bit of sweetness. However, you can adjust the amount used to suit your taste.
Almond milk can be store-bought or homemade. If you’d like to try making your own, here’s a quick video of how to make almond milk.
Chia seeds are a great way to add some natural protein. They also are a great way to keep you full for longer. One tablespoon is all that is needed.
Maca powder is a great way to add a malt flavor and is gluten-free. One tablespoon is required. Maca powder can be purchased in the health food section of a major supermarket, at a health food store or online (affiliate link).
🔪 Step by step guide
Step 1 - Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth. Do not pack the ingredients into the blender, as this may cause the ingredients to not blend well.
Step 2 - Pour into a cup and enjoy immediately or take away with you.
⭐ Pro Tips
A combination of fresh and frozen fruit will help keep this smoothie creamy and thick. You can use all fresh ingredients. However, this will not be as thick, if doing this I recommend starting with adding half of the milk amount and building up the consistency to the desired thickness.
Any blender will work, however, a high powered blender (affiliate link) is the quickest and will yield a smoother result. If your blender doesn’t have a smoothie setting, just blend until all the contents are blended.
Feel free to adjust the quantities of the ingredients to suit your liking.
The following are suggestions, however, you can adjust/replace/omit any ingredient of this pineapple mango banana smoothie.
Ice cubes can be added (handful) this can help to thicken this almond milk smoothie and also make it colder.
Any plant milk can be used rather than almond milk, e.g., hemp seed milk, oat milk, cashew milk, rice milk etc.
Sneak in some leafy greens by adding a small handful (e.g., baby spinach leaves) Note - this will alter the color of this smoothie
Nut butters can also be added. Try adding ones that are all-natural. Try peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter (affiliate link).
Maple syrup (or any natural liquid sweetener) can be used rather than Medjool date to sweeten this almond milk smoothie.
Supplement or protein powders can be added if you desire.
No, yogurt in smoothies is not a requirement but a preference. You can make smoothies without yogurt just like this one. However, yogurt in smoothies can be a great ingredient for adding thickness, protein and flavoring.
If you love banana smoothies with almond milk, you might also be interested in:
- Thick and creamy banana peach smoothie
- Refreshing dragon fruit smoothie
- Creamy mango strawberry banana smoothie
- Super silky banana avocado smoothie
- Delicious banana apple smoothie
- Yummy Mango Pineapple banana smoothie
- Or just take a look at these easy plant based smoothies.
Did you enjoy making this mango pineapple banana smoothie recipe? I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below and give me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating. This will help me sustain Plant Based Folk.
Alternatively, did you take a photo of your almond milk smoothie? Tag me @plantbasedfolk on Instagram to be featured via stories. If you love sharing your vegan food pics, join the PBF community group. If you’re into fast cooking vids, join me on Tiktok.
Mango Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- 1 small Banana cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Pineapple cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Mango frozen small pieces
- ¾ cup Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder
- 1 small Medjool date pitted
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.1 small Banana, 1 cup Pineapple, 1 cup Mango, ¾ cup Almond milk, 1 tablespoon Chia seeds, 1 tablespoon Maca powder, 1 small Medjool date
- Pour into a cup and serve immediately.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.