Have you ever had a chewy moist muffin? Brace yourself for a mouthwatering experience. With their rich, chocolatey flavor, chewy exteriors and moist texture, these vegan chocolate muffins are a must-try for chocolate lovers.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These vegan chocolate muffins are bursting with intense chocolate flavor, making each bite a decadently delicious experience.
- They aren’t your typical type of muffin, they feature a chewy exterior and a seriously moist interior.
- Zero crumbliness, making them perfect to eat on the move.
- Super easy to make, with simple instructions and readily available ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to prepare, even for novice bakers.
- Dietary friendly: vegan, refined sugar-free, corn free
Ingredients You'll Need
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
All-purpose flour, provides structure and texture to the muffins.
Baking powder, helps these egg-free muffins rise and become fluffy. I like to use aluminum-free baking powder (affiliate link).
100% Pure cacao powder, achieves a rich chocolate goodness from pure chocolate. I use this in my ultra fudgy dairy free brownies and this healthy chocolate oat milk recipe, you can find it in the health or baking sections of your local supermarket or purchase 100% raw organic cacao here (affiliate link).
Dairy-free chocolate chips become melty pockets of chocolate that take this treat to another level. You can use your favorite brand of vegan chocolate chips.
Salt will enhance the overall sweetness.
Neutral oil creates a moist and tender texture.
Maple syrup is my natural sweetener of choice, the amount used helps create a chewy exterior.
Vanilla extract elevates the chocolate flavors.
Unsweetened dairy-free milk provides moisture, feel free to use your preferred type of milk, I like using my homemade dairy-free milk.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Muffins
Oven instructions and prepare a muffin pan. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180°C (356°F) and grease your 12-cup muffin pan(s) with some neutral oil. I used a muffin pan with cups that measure 7cm x 3cm / 3in x 1in.
Whisk the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl, until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Sift the flour, cacao (affiliate link), salt and baking powder over the wet mixture.
Gently fold all the ingredients together until just combined. Avoid over-mixing, as it may result in dense muffins. Then fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
Fill your muffin pan. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin cups. Add 3-4 vegan choc chips on top of each muffin. A total of 16 muffins will be made.
Baking instructions. Bake the muffins for approximately 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the tray for 5 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
The muffin batter is runnier than usual, more like cake batter.
I always recommend measuring ingredients when baking. If you are using the cup measuring method, be sure to fluff, scoop, tap and level.
Enjoy a muffin warm from the oven with a dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top.
Pair a muffin with a cup of freshly brewed coffee for a delightful morning treat.
Transform your muffin into an indulgent dessert by drizzling it with a homemade chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
Savor a muffin alongside a steaming cup of herbal tea for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Pack a muffin as a delicious on-the-go snack for work, school, or outdoor adventures.
More Vegan Muffins
Here's a list of delicious vegan muffin recipes ranging from sweet, savory to GF.
Otherwise, if you're looking for more chocolate-flavored delights, try this vegan lazy cake by Vegan Bil Araby.
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Chewy Moist Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180°C (356°F) and grease your 12-cup muffin pan(s) with some neutral oil. I used a muffin pan with cups that measure 7cm x 3cm / 3in x 1in
- Whisk the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl, until well combined100 ml Neutral oil, 320 ml Dairy free milk, 320 ml Maple syrup, 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cacao powder over the wet mixture. Gently fold the dry ingredients with the wet until just combined and then fold the dairy free chocolate chips Avoid over-mixing, as it may result in a dense muffin300 g All purpose flour, 2½ teaspoon Baking powder, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 77 g Cacao powder, 180 g Dairy free chocolate chips
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin cups. Add 3-4 vegan choc chips on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins for approximately 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the tray for 5 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.