A sweet and creamy mango sorbet that will delight your taste buds and keep you feeling good! This sorbet is made with 100% pure, juicy mangoes, dairy free milk and a kiss of maple syrup.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website.
🥭What is Vegan Mango Sorbet?
Mango sorbet is a frozen dessert made from fresh or canned mangoes and sometimes sweeteners that have been blended until smooth and creamy.
This vegan version uses natural, ripe mangoes, dairy free milk and optional maple syrup. A delicious treat that is refined sugar free.
😋Why You'll Love This Recipe
- A healthy, refreshing dessert that's perfect for hot summer days.
- It's quick and easy to make
- It's vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
🥭Ingredients You'll Need
Ripe mangoes are good for freezing and then blending as they have a sweet flavor. This makes them ideal to blend as they require less (if any) additional sweetening.
Dairy free milk will help to blend the mangoes into a creamy sorbet. I like to use home made hemp seed milk.
Maple Syrup is optional, you may wish to add a spoonful if you find the mangoes you are using are a little sour
🥭How to Make Healthy Vegan Mango Sorbet
- Cut the mangoes into small cubes and freeze in a snap-lock bag. Skip this step if using store bought frozen mangoes.
- Blend the frozen mango cubes, dairy free milk, and maple syrup in a food processor (affiliate link) until creamy. About 2 minutes. You will need to scrape down the sides of the processor jug.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
Tip: If freezing, take out the sorbet about 5 minutes prior to serving to make it easier to serve.
Here are five ways to enjoy this delicious sorbet:
- Serve as a refreshing dessert on its own.
- Spoon over fresh fruit pieces, such as strawberries or peaches.
- Use as a topping for vegan pavlova, meringue, or cheezecake.
- Pair with a chia pudding or a dairy free milk pudding such as this Lebanese milk pudding.
- Serve with vegan yogurt for a creamy and satisfying dessert.
Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from a mixture of sweetened fruit juice or puree, water, and sometimes a small amount of sugar or corn syrup.
The main ingredient in sorbet is fruit, which makes it a popular choice for vegans and those following a plant-based diet.
Traditionally, sorbet is made without the use of dairy products, such as milk, cream, or eggs, which are commonly used in ice cream. This means that, in its most basic form, sorbet is naturally vegan.
However, some sorbet products may contain ingredients that are not considered vegan, such as honey or gelatin. It is important to check the ingredients list on the packaging of any sorbet product you are considering to determine its vegan status.
This happens when too much liquid is added to the frozen mangoes. To combat this add more frozen mangoes and blend until creamy and thick. Repeat until the desired consistency has been reached.
If you're looking for more healthy and delicious vegan dessert recipes, try these:
Banana Apple Smoothie is a tasty and healthy option for those who want to start their day with something fresh and nutritious.
Chocolate Persimmon Vegan Pudding is a sweet tooth delight, a perfect treat that’s all natural.
These are the best vegan sweet potato brownies that are rich, chocolatey and delicious, you’ll be addicted!
Healthy Banana Muffins with Coconut are a quick and healthy snack.
Vegan lemon Cake with thyme is perfect for a lunch box.
Instant Pot Poached Pears are sweet, delicious and easy to make.
Chocolate chip & cookies Vegan ice cream will hit the sweet spot!
creamy delicious watermelon sorbet recipe is a light and refreshing treat.
Pineapple Slushie is sweet, fruity and perfect for a hot summer day.
Here is another easy mango recipe that you might enjoy; Mango Jam.
Did you make this? I'd love to know! Leave me a comment below with a ★★★★★ rating or tag @plantbasedfolk on social media.
Healthy Vegan Mango Sorbet (5 Minutes Dairy Free)
- 1½ cups Mango pieces frozen
- 1 tablespoon Dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup optional
- Cut mango flesh into small cubes with out skin, place onto a lined tray and freeze overnight. Then transfer to a snap lock bag and store in the freezer until needed. Skip this step if using store bought frozen mango.1½ cups Mango pieces
- Place frozen mango pieces, dairy free milk and maple syrup into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You will need to scrape the sides down a couple of times to ensure it blends smoothly. Enjoy immediately or freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.1 tablespoon Dairy free milk, 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider supporting my work for the cost of a cup of coffee.