Here is a recipe that requires zero thinking; Mango Sorbet. Using only one ingredient; Mangoes, this sorbet is definitely all natural. No added sugar, no added anything.
I was planning on making a mango sauce to top my mango chia seed pudding and ended up with a lovely surprise of Mango Sorbet.
How to vegan mango sorbet in a blender
- Pick out your favourite mangoes - I thought, the general rule of thumb would be one average sized mango per person.
- Cut mangoes up in small cubes without skin. Tip: small cubes are easier to blend rather than larger ones, it speeds up the blending process.
- Place mango cubes into a snap lock bag and freeze solid
- Using an immersion blender, blend frozen mango cubes until creamy. Tip: If mangoes aren't blending well, use a teaspoon at a time to add water or plant based milk to help the process
- Serve immediately or pour creamy mango into a container and freeze for later use. Tip: allow mango sorbet to sit at room temperature for about 5 min to make scooping easier.
- You've just learnt how to make mango sorbet without sugar! BOOM!
What to serve mango sorbet with for dessert?
As mentioned earlier, I was pairing my mango with chia seed pudding, but there are a few foods I can think of to serve this with;
- Meringue, try this eggless meringue recipe (adapt it to vanilla flavouring instead)
- Fresh fruit pieces
- Fruit salad
- Cheese cake
Can you think of anything else to pair this with? Leave me a comment below; I'd love to hear from you.
Try my other easy vegan dessert recipes
- Fudgy vegan brownies
- Healthy banana muffins with coconut
- Lemon cake recipe with Thyme - seriously this one is underrated!
- Instant Pot Poached Pears
If you're looking for another type of vegan ice cream try, Chocolate chip & cookies Vegan ice cream – dairy-free, no-churn or creamy delicious watermelon sorbet recipe
Mango Sorbet (One Ingredient)
- 4 Mangoes
- Cut mango flesh into small cubes with out skin
- Place into snap lock bag and freeze until frozen solid
- Place frozen mango flesh into an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour creamy mango into a container (ice cream container) and store in the freezer. As as needed
- If mangoes are stick to the walls of the blender, add a teaspoon of water (or milk) to the blender to help
- When storing the mango sorbet in the freezer, allow mango sorbet to sit at room temperature for 5 min (or until softened) to scoop out
Here is another easy Mango recipe that you might enjoy; Mango Jam.