Here is a recipe that requires zero thinking; Mango Sorbet. Using only one ingredient; Mangoes, this sorbet is definitely all natural. No added sugar, no added anything.
I was planning on making a mango sauce to top my mango chia seed pudding and ended up with a lovely surprise of Mango Sorbet.
How to vegan mango sorbet in a blender
Pick out your favourite mangoes - I thought, the general rule of thumb would be one average sized mango per person.
Cut mangoes up in small cubes without skin. Tip: small cubes are easier to blend rather than larger ones, it speeds up the blending process.
Place mango cubes into a snap lock bag and freeze solid
Using an immersion blender, blend frozen mango cubes until creamy. Tip: If mangoes aren't blending well, use a teaspoon at a time to add water or plant based milk to help the process
Serve immediately or pour creamy mango into a container and freeze for later use. Tip: allow mango sorbet to sit at room temperature for about 5 min to make scooping easier.
You've just learnt how to make mango sorbet without sugar! BOOM!
What to serve mango sorbet with for dessert?
As mentioned earlier, I was pairing my mango with chia seed pudding, but there are a few foods I can think of to serve this with;
- Meringue, try this eggless meringue recipe (adapt it to vanilla flavouring instead)
- Fresh fruit pieces
- Fruit salad
- Cheese cake
Can you think of anything else to pair this with? Leave me a comment below; I'd love to hear from you.
Try my other easy vegan dessert recipes
- Banana apple smoothie
- Guilt free vegan chocolate pudding that's low-cal
- Dairy-free brownies - with no oil
- Healthy banana muffins with coconut
- Lemon cake recipe with Thyme - seriously this one is underrated!
- Instant Pot Poached Pears
If you're looking for another type of vegan ice cream try, Chocolate chip & cookies Vegan ice cream – dairy-free, no-churn or creamy delicious watermelon sorbet recipe
Mango Sorbet (One Ingredient)
- 4 Mangoes
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup optional - if wanting it to be sweeter
- Cut mango flesh into small cubes with out skin
- Place into snap lock bag and freeze until frozen solid
- Place frozen mango flesh into an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour creamy mango into a container (ice cream container) and store in the freezer. As as needed
- If mangoes are stick to the walls of the blender, add a teaspoon of water (or milk) to the blender to help
- When storing the mango sorbet in the freezer, allow mango sorbet to sit at room temperature for 5 min (or until softened) to scoop out
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
Here is another easy Mango recipe that you might enjoy; Mango Jam.