Air fryer corn ribs make the best sweet and juicy snack, side or appetiser. Cooked in 10 minutes using a delicious spiced rub and minimal oil.
This website receives a commission/fee for each purchase bought through the affiliate links on this website
I recently purchased my first Air Fryer (affiliate link), I wish I had bought one sooner.
Using an air fryer is what I call effortless cooking.
Minimal oil, minimal time and maximum taste.
Corn ribs, I first came across this style of air fryer corn on TikTok and thought, how curious, quartering a corn cob.
This style of air fryer corn on the cob is absurdly easy and requires no turning of the corn halfway through cooking.
Notes on some of the ingredients, the full list of ingredients, and their measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Corn - select fresh corn only with plump kernels. The result is super juicy.
Liquid smoke (affiliate link) - adds that smokey bbq flavor. I highly recommend it in this recipe.
🔪Step by Step Guide
Step 1 Remove corn from husk and cut off ends and then quarter.
Step 2 In a large mixing bowl, add oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and liquid smoke. Whisk until combined.
Step 3 Cover corn in the spiced oil mixture and place singularly into air-fryer pan
Step 4 Fry for 10 minutes on high setting or until tender with crispy brown edges.
I currently use a simple air fryer to make these delicious and fun corn ribs.
💡What to serve with?
Try sprinkling some vegan ranch seasoning onto your ribs
Dip corn ribs in delicious homemade eggless mayonnaise.
This mayonnaise can also be mixed with a chilli sauce for an extra kick in flavour or made into a vegan fry sauce.
Or try it with a side serving of Broccoli and Red Cabbage Slaw or easy vegan broccoli soup.
For a starch option, enjoy it with delicious homemade air fried french fries or Lebanese spicy potatoes aka batata harra.
For total food heaven, enjoy these with my mouthwatering vegan shawarma and refreshingly cold lemon mint juice known as Lemonana.
Otherwise try these corn ribs with some deliciously cold glass noodle salad, which is a family favorite.
Cutting corn cobs - stand the corn vertically on the larger flat end. Press the heel of your hand on top of the knife and push down whilst tapping the corn on the chopping board.
Warning - this can get messy.
Cut corn in the middle or it will break into pieces. See the video blooper at the end.
Stack the corn ribs in a single layer in the air fryer tray, do not over stack as this won’t allow for the corn to have crispy edges.
For crispier corn, cook for longer in the air fryer for a couple more minutes.
Each air fryer comes with different settings, I recommend keeping an eye out when you first cook this recipe.
Corn Spices - you can add any of your favorite spices to flavour your air fryer (affiliate link) corn on the cob
Oil - you can use your preferred oil
Coat corn in Lebanese zaatar for a sour and tangy flavor. It's my favorite herb blend.
Or sprinkle Lebanese 7 spice.
Keep the corn on the cob intact rather than cutting. Just turn each corn halfway through the cooking process.
Make these shawarma flavored by rubbing some of my easy shawarma spice mix onto them.
Yes, replace the olive oil with the same amount. Melt the vegan butter to mix with the spices and then rub on the corn ribs.
There is no need to preheat your air-fryer prior. The air fryer will heat and cook the corn perfectly.
Yes, but the texture of the corn will be different. It may also be drier.
Another delicious air fryer recipe is Lebanese cauliflower tahini
For an all-natural snack, try making lupini beans or soaked almonds.
Something with a little bit of crunch are these air fryer pasta chips, they are addictive!
Or for another delicious vegetable try roasted artichoke.
Did you enjoy making these air fryer corn on the cob? I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below and give me a rating. This will help me sustain Plant Based Folk.
Alternatively, did you happen to take a photo? Tag me @plantbasedfolk on Instagram to be featured via stories.
Air Fryer Corn (Corn Ribs)
- 3 Corn fresh
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 pinch Salt
- Remove corn from husk and cut off ends, wash and then quarter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and liquid smoke. Whisk until combined.
- Cover corn in spiced oil mixture and place singularly into air-fryer pan
- Fry for 10 minutes on high setting or until tender with crispy brown edges. Serve immediately
- Eggless Mayonnaise - tastes fabulous with these corn ribs, it really enhances the flavour
- Cutting corn cobs - stand the corn vertically on the larger flat end. Press the heel of your hand on top of the knife and push down whilst tapping the corn on the chopping board. Cut corn in the middle or it will break into pieces. See video blooper at the end. Warning - this can get messy.
- Stack the corn ribs in a single layer in the air fryer tray, do not over stack as this won’t allow for the corn to have crispy edges.
- For crispier corn, cook for longer in the air fryer for a couple more minutes.
- Different air fryers will cook differently.
- Corn Spices - you can add any of your favourite spices to flavour your air fryer corn on the cob
- Oil - you can use your preferred oil
- Keep the corn on the cob intact rather than cutting. Just turn each corn half way through the cooking process.
N.B., nutrition info is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. This will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
Everyone LOVED the corn ribs‼️
He big problem is cutting the corn. That was a mess.
Yep, it's fiddly, the trick is to make sure you are in the center of the corn when cutting.
Thanks for the detailed instructions. The cutting part is tricky, but worth it. We ate these corn ribs with your eggless mayonnaise and fry sauce. We will be definitely making these again.
these corn ribs were fun (cutting them wasnt), I never thought about cutting them this way.